Monday, July 11, 2011

It's About to Begin

Well, I know that this posting is a 'lil bit sooner because, yeah, I made this blog is for when I've started my college. BUT, my college life is about to start ;) not so close to the first day of the college because it'll start about a month later, on August, 17th exactly. Even tho it's still a month later, I feel so excited and a 'lil bit nervous!

I've been accepted to be a college student of Udayana University in Bali majoring Tourism Industry. I feel like that major is my way because I've started learning tourism industry in 57 Tourism School and I haven't found the real obstacles with that tourism industry stuffs during my study. So, after graduated from that greenie and huge school, I determined myself to register to that university. Firstly, my parents are a 'lil bit halfheartedly to let me study there because of the distance. But, with my argues, convincing face, some winks and silly smiles, my parents give me that golden permission!

Ah ya, why did I have a strong willing to go to that far-far away univ while there are some other univs around me? Well, it's because Udayana univ is one of the best tourism state universty. Universities like Trisakti, Sahid, etc are also the good ones but they're private univ and my parents will really say a BIG NO in front of my pug nose if I wanna register there. So, before I have to make my own story in my mind while my parents are lecturing me about state-university-is-better-than-those-privates for about 1-2 hours, I better never mention any of those privates. It's not a problem at all, because me actually have no passion to go to those privates.

Back to the topic! After I got the permission, I registered myself to Udayana Univ through PMDK, it means I had a chance to be accepted without having any tests. I prayed 30 hours/day, begging to be accepted through PMDK. The result would be announced on May, 18th.

And that announcement day came! I felt like couldn't breathe for the whole day because the result would be on the web at 7pm. I walked randomly to the fridge, open it, and walk away. I walked back to my room, pretending I was playing with my phone instead of seeing the time. I laughed at a TV show but I my laughter was really fake. And finally the clock showed its hour hand on 7 and its minute hand on 12. With all courage, I opened the web, input my registration number and my birthday, and the result came. It says that I was accepted ;) GOD! I couldn't say anything even only an OMG. And, I cried, a happy cry :')

After that, I prepared myself to go to Bali for re-registration and there I got almamater of Udayana Univ. I also looked for my place to live there and I chose to live in dormitory. Then, after all stuffs finished, I came back to Jakarta and started preparing what I needed to live in Bali.

Now, here I am. Waiting until that magnificent August, 17th day come and I'll start my college day. No other words but excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment